Monday, January 31, 2011

My Learning Profile





A few days ago Mr. Whiting Introduced me to learning profiles. A learning Profile is a description or type of learner you are and it can help you to maximize your learning needs if you read the booklet to use it to your advantage.

While reading the booklet I found out that I learn best when I use a lot of movement during class to help me learn best and help me focus more, I also learned that I am a gestalt learner and i need to have a lot of Visuals while concentrating to help me remember and focus on my work.

The strategy's that help me in my learning are if I Read aloud and do things that cross both sides of my brain like writing knitting and drawing with my left hand and if I massage my temporal mandibular joint. The reason that crossing over both sides of my brain is good for my learning is because it helps activate both sides of my brain and lets me focus on the task at hand more.

I would like my teacher to know that I prefer to Imagine that end result like maybe seeing a finished example of the piece of work that we are focussing on instead of doing what we usually do by having a step by step instructions regarding the piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers